Friday, May 9

Happy Day!

Well this will be my first post without a photo attatched, so for your viewing pleasure I will use different colors and you can mix them up and make your own picture in your mind. I have some pretty awesome news. As of aproximately 11:30 a.m. this morning I am a member of The League Of New Hampshire Craftsmen! I am pretty excited and this has probably been one of the best days of my life. It's given me a ton of motivation to keep working really hard and I feel like this is the beginning of good things. And remember my comittment to using only four glazes for a while? A long while. Well I meant it and to remove the temptation I am giving them to another potter. He is interested in trying cone 6 electric firing and I am interested in removing all temptation to say "just a pinch"-because when it comes to glazes I am kind of like a junkie. I'm showing amazing will power actually because these are not ugly glazes. But I am starting to believe that there is such a thing as too many options. Oh, I have more good news too. My own mother, Cindy Estano, is a knitter and makes felted handbags, scarves, belts and such and she herself just juried into a league in Maine. I don't remember the name - sorry. When she has her website set up I will post it here so all of you knitting fans (myself included) can check out her work. Congratulations Mom!

No comments: