Friday, June 10

Oh dear . . .




Hello all! It's been so long since I've posted. I have kept an eye on what's going on, but been distracted myself. A lot has happened! Let's see...I lost my job! Kind of a bad thing, but actually a blessing in disguise. I have been wanting to go to Graduate School for a very long time to get my MFA so I can teach ceramics in a college somewhere...and this was really a boot to get me going. I was looking around and applying to all the jobs that I DON'T want to have for the rest of my working life and I'm like: eureka! Of course! I shall pursue my dream. But getting fired has it's downside. Lack of money, having to move out of my apartment and was a bit of a blow to my self-esteem for a while, but I'm back! Applying to grad school is so much work! Daunting, especially when you multiply it by 5 or 6 places, but I'm plugging along. So this photo I attached is an early attempt at using Photoshop Elements 9. I can't wait till I have time to really study the program. Mind boggling what you can do with it. Another photo of moi'. I'm kind of into self-portraiture lately. I hope everyone is doing great and I will try to post a little more often and let you know if I get in! I am applying so far to: University of Montanna, Alfred, R.I.T., University of California, Long Beach, and my old Alma Mata Plymouth State!

4 comments:

ang design said...

hey deb i've been wondering what you've been up to...bummer getting fired but there you go catalyst for change

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Well, welcome back indeed! I hope that the day comes when you look back at losing the job as the best thing ever!

cookingwithgas said...

time to get those walking shoes and a** kicking boots moving- move on and don't- don't look back!

Deb said...

Absolutely...I think it will be a good thing in the end.